1. Sun Certified Developer for the Java Platform, Standard Edition: Assignment (Step 1 of 2) (CX-310-252A)
Programming Assignment Objectives
Write an application program using Java technology. The application requires the following:
- A graphical user interface demonstrating good principles of design
- A network connection, using a specified protocol, to connect to an information server
- A network server, which connects to a previously specified Java technology database
- A database, created by extending the functionality of a previously written piece of code, for which only limited documentation is available
2. Sun Certified Developer for the Java Platform, Standard Edition: Essay (Step 2 of 2) (CX-310-027)
Essay Exam Objectives
- List some of the major choices you must make during the implementation of the above.
- List some of the main advantages and disadvantages of each of your choices.
- Briefly justify your choices in terms of the comparison of design and implementation objectives with the advantages and disadvantages of each.